1. Ongoing: Master Teacher for the Craft Yarn Council’s Crochet Instructors Program.
1. On October 10, 2013, I will give a Yarn Refresher Course about the different fibers that make our yarn. The NYC Crochet Guild‘s monthly meeting.
2. I will be teaching Basic Broomstick Lace (10 am to 1pm) and Swirls and Spirals (2 to 5pm) for Techniques Day at the NYC Crochet Guild on August 3, 2013 to be held in midtown Manhattan. For more information and/or a registration form, contact the Guild at NYCCrochetGuild@gmail.com All class descriptions and more info here.
5. Intermediate Crochet, a Continuing Education class at Kingsborough Community College, CUNY in Brooklyn, NY. 8 weeks Jan. 22-March 19, 2013.
6. Beginning Crochet, a Continuing Education class at Kingsborough Community College, CUNY in Brooklyn, NY. 8 weeks Oct. 11-Dec. 13, 2012.
7. CYC Teaching Certification Course in Reno, NV. Sept. 10-11, 2012
8. Crochet Basics: Scarves and Stoles at the Brooklyn Brainery 515 Court St. in lovely Brooklyn, NY. A two-session class held on October 26 and Nov. 2, 2011 from 6.30 to 8.30 pm.
10. January 11, 2011 Granny Squares (lecture and demonstration with Randy Cavaliere) for the Brooklyn Fiber Arts Guild
12. September 26, 2009 Swirls, Twirls and Spirals for the Long Island Knitting and Crochet Guild’s Day of Learning in Plainview, NY.
13. August 8-9, 2009 Modular Crochet (Judith Copeland style), Crocheted Flowers and Swirls, Twirls and Spirals at the Knit and Crochet Show (the national convention of the CGOA and regional convention of TKGA) in Buffalo, NY.
16. February 14-15, 2009: Crochet Super Seminar at the Knit-Out at the Mall of America in Minneapolis, MN.
These Super Seminars are a new addition to the Knit-Out events and are hands-on classes for about 20 at a time. This seminar will be offered once each day of the Knit-Out.
- Crochet Techniques: Texture (lumps and bumps of all sorts, including post stitches and crocheted cables, bullions, limpets and more)
18. October 4, 2008: Crochet Techniques: Color and Texture for the Long Island Knitting and Crochet Guild’s Day of Learning in Plainview, NY.
19. July 10-August 21, 2008 (no class on July 24) from 6 to 7.30 p.m.: 6-week Crochet class, called “Crochet: Fun, Creativity and Meditation-One Stitch at a Time,” at the NY Open Center .
20. April 6, 2008: Crochet for Knitters at the 15th Ewephoric Weekend through marji’s yarncrafts in Granby, CT
21. March 15, 2008: Crocheted Jewelry for the NYC Crochet Guild.
22. Assisting or teaching at workshops and gatherings connected to creating the New York Reef of the Crocheted Coral Reef project. (The New York Reef will be exhibited in the World Financial Center from April 5 to August 29, 2008.)
At NYU’s Institute for the Humanities on March 1 and 2.
In the public atrium of the Citigroup Center two Thursdays each month from December 2007 to March 2008.
At Knitty City on March 8 from noon to 4 p.m.
23. February 16-17, 2008: Crochet Demonstrations at the Knit-Out at the Mall of America in Minneapolis, MN.
- Textured Crochet (including post stitches and crocheted cables, bullions, limpets and more)
- Crocheting with Color (i.e. the techniques that allow you to work successfully with color, such as changing colors, working over ends, fairisle, tapestry crochet)
24. September 29, 2007: Crochet for Knitters for the Long Island Knitting and Crochet Guild’s Day of Learning in Plainview, NY.
26. May 19, 2007: assisting Arlene Mintzer who will be teaching Luscious Limpettes for the NYC Crochet Guild.
27. May 4, 2007: Modular Crochet (Judith Copeland style) and Crocheted Flowers at the Indianapolis Crochet Guild.
28. April 12, 2007: Non-Conformist Crochet: A lecture/demonstration on Freeform Crocheted Lace at the Museum of Arts and Design, NYC
29. October 8, 2006: Modular Crochet (Judith Copeland style) for the Happily Hooked on Crochet Club in CT.
30. April 1-2, 2006: Crochet for Knitters, Swirls Twirls and Spirals and Crocheted Flowers for the 13th Annual Ewephoric Weekend with the Wool Connection, Avon, CT. Read about it here: http://journals.aol.com/crochetwithdee/CrochetWithDee/entries/1745 and here: http://journals.aol.com/mhdesigner1/MyHooksandNeedles/entries/121
31. March 18, 2006: Crocheted Flowers Workshop for the NYC Crochet Guild
Inquiries about having Barbara teach in your area can be sent to Barbara@playingwithstring.com — please put Teaching Inquiry in the Subject Line.